Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Great Wall of China

 The Great Wall
I cant speak for anyone else, but this was NOT my perception of what the Great Wall would look like. I envisioned a wall that I would just walk by and observe; I had no idea that this would be a vertically inclined wall, with a million steps that I would have to climb. lol I truly didn't expect colossal mountain of steps, filled with people from around the world and from different walks of life. I must say, that although I was out of breath ans sweating bricks, I really enjoyed climbing "The Great Wall of China". This wall was built to protect China from it's enemies. Soldiers were stationed at each tower, and watched for enemies who attempted to enter into China. For enemies of 500 or less, they would fire one smoke signal, for 1000 two signals and for 5000 or more 3 signals would be fired.

I had to take several breaks when climbing the wall, it was NO JOKE! I was motivated by the senior citizens who had a great deal of endurance, but also by my peers who seemed to keep a smile on their faces. I have much respect for the soldiers who surely labored to build this line of defense to protect their country.
 



I made it to the top of the Wall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment