Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pro Life vs. Pro Choice vs. No Choice

Over Populated
It seemed like everywhere we went in China, there were millions of people. I don't understand how the Chinese government for many years regulated reproduction, and yet the country is still over populated. I must say that China has provoked many thoughts, and has forced me to be extra grateful and appreciative for the liberties that we have as Americans. In the United States, the average child in the household has somehow dropped to 1, which is probably as a result of woman being career driven. Hence this decrease has been on account of choice, not by way of government regulation. I cant imagine having to subject myself to only having one child, or being forced to have an abortion. The concept of abortion in China is diametrically opposed to that of the United States; thus sharing two very different perspectives. China's government used abortions as a mean to regulate reproduction, while the United States contemplates making abortions illegal.
I was glad to learn that the "One Child" law was lifted about 2 years ago.Talk about cultural differences...

Cutie Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment